Incoming paper invoices can be digitised. You are rid of the paper, and your accounting or ERP package can immediately start processing the digital data. In the previous newsletter we sounded out your interest for this kind of solution. “No idea” was the most common reply to the question whether you are considering digitising your incoming invoices... We hear a request for information, hence: the how, for whom and why of Certipost Scan & Capture in 3 items.
1. What is Certipost Scan & Capture?
With Certipost Scan & Capture you outsource your incoming paper invoices to Certipost. We receive the envelopes and scan the content, you receive structured data and an image of the invoices. Your ERP or accounting system can start processing the data, and your employees are able to consult the invoice when necessary.
2. Is Certipost Scan & Capture interesting for my company?
Yes, for instance if:
- you already receive electronic invoices directly in your ERP or accounting system and you also want to process the remaining paper invoices electronically.
- your Accounts Payable department is not yet automated, and you want to switch to end-to-end electronic inbound invoicing.
- you receive less than 10,000 invoices a year
to find out more about the solution.
3. Why should I have my incoming invoices scanned?
- To have your employees do more interesting and useful work than open envelopes and re-enter data.
- To enjoy a cash discount: the invoices arriving in our scan centre will be in your accounting system the next day, ready for electronic approval by the budget holders.
- Because you don't like half measures. Organising your incoming invoicing electronically costs less time and money, and if you are able to get rid of all that paper you are one step closer to a paperless office.
Interested? Read the customer case of SWDE, the biggest Walloon water company, which doesn't receive any paper invoices anymore. Certipost processes the cartloads of paper into bite-size digital chunks. Ready for the SWDE SAP backoffice environment, where the data is sent without manual intervention.